LE FORUM DES ÉGARÉS

Post mortem nihil est

AccueilAccueil  GalerieGalerie  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  

Partagez | 

Sebastien Chabal et la défense de la langue française

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Sebastien Chabal et la défense de la langue française   Lun 17 Sep 2007 - 22:50

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
ajax
Résistant anti-système
Résistant anti-système

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Sebastien Chabal et la défense de la langue française   Lun 17 Sep 2007 - 23:02

je ne pourrais pas soutenir son regard.... trop impressionnant le golgoth.

Au fait orson welles, t'as la même barbe que lui Hé
el spirito
Sophiste d'estaminet
Sophiste d'estaminet

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Sebastien Chabal et la défense de la langue française   Lun 17 Sep 2007 - 23:12

Bien dit le SEB...à bas les Anglais!!!! Yope
Patrick122
Courtisan du Néant
Courtisan du Néant

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Sebastien Chabal et la défense de la langue française   Lun 17 Sep 2007 - 23:33

Chabal, mon héros !

C'est d'autant plus génial qu'il parle très bien anglais vu qu'il est titulaire d'un club anglais depuis 2004... cheers
Patrick122
Courtisan du Néant
Courtisan du Néant

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Sebastien Chabal et la défense de la langue française   Lun 17 Sep 2007 - 23:47

France's Chabal masks inner tranquillity

By Paul Ackford, Sunday Telegraph
Last Updated: 1:17am BST 16/09/2007

Have your say Read comments

He is the face of the tournament but today he is grumpy. It is Wednesday and France are still trying to come to terms with their shock defeat against Argentina. Another slip up with Namibia (unlikely) or Ireland (highly possible) and they could be out of the World Cup, the first host nation to exit during the pool stages.
# France teampage | In pics: World Cup day eight
# Blog: Mick Cleary falls in love with Paris again
# Blog: Brendan Gallagher bottles it at La Tupina

This is their first proper training session since the opening game. In typical French fashion they've taken it easy since that infamous night. On Saturday they had a few drinks and watched their footballing mates play Italy in a cafe near their purpose-built training headquarters at Marcoussis. On Sunday the backs ate together in a local restaurant. On Monday some of the squad played golf. But mostly they talked in small groups in an attempt to exorcise the demons of that defeat.

France's captain, Raphael Ibanez, has one explanation. "While the Argentinians were in the fullness of rage, we were rather stoic," Ibanez says, referring to the emotional state of the two teams as the national anthems were played. "I saw it as a form of concentration. Apparently, it was a form of worry that was coming from the players."

And Sebastien Chabal, the image of this World Cup to date, whose huge poster adorns the main train stations of Paris? He is being difficult. "When in France, I speak French," he barks when asked to answer a few questions. "If you want to talk, get a translator." This is the man who is happy to chat away when he is with his club, Sale, in the Premiership.

After we persuade a French colleague to interpret, Chabal agrees to converse in English but only up to a point. His fame is such that he now appears on a Spitting Image-type programme shown on French television called Les Guignols. Chabal's puppet wears a Hannibal Lecter mask and is portrayed as the French coach Bernard Laporte's psychopathic pit bull, always angry, always ready to bite.

What do you think of your character on Les Guignols? we inquire. "You want to speak about me so I will stop you right now. If you are here to speak about me, it's not the right time, I think. We speak about the next game and that's it."

We try again. Did the letter have anything to do with France not playing well against Argentina? The letter is the one written by Guy Moquet, a 17-year-old boy, to his parents in October 1941 on the eve of his execution.

Moquet, one of 27 communists, was condemned to death in reprisal for the murder of a German officer. French president Nicolas Sarkozy made the letter a compulsory text in French schools as one of his first acts in government and Laporte suggested the French team read it before Argentina. It reduced Clement Poitrenaud, the Toulouse full-back, to tears.

But Chabal is having none of it. "I don't want to answer this f***ing question because we were very upset to learn that the press knew we read this letter. Anyway, this letter is not an excuse. We didn't play. That's the reason. Don't try to find something outside."

And Chabal could be right. Perhaps the problem is internal. Earlier, in training, the French team were very sloppy. Marcoussis, nicknamed "Marcatraz" by the squad for the amount of time they spend there, is a wonderful facility. Two restaurants, one pool, four pristine rugby pitches, one of which is covered, a gym and luxurious accommodation are all at Laporte's exclusive disposal.

On Wednesday there were 50 photographers and a crowd approaching 500 watching France practise. Many were children chanting "Allez les Bleus" and orchestrating occasional Mexican waves, yet France, unable or unwilling to match the mood, looked wooden, stilted. No one appeared to know what to do during one of the backs' warm-up drills and the ball was frequently spilled in the opposed section of the session.

Chabal was the exception. Towards the end he knocked a pass up into the air, regathered it and surged forward with a defender hanging round his shorts. The crowd cheered, delighted at his passion and strength. Chabal, clearly miffed, shrugged his shoulders in classic French fashion and, unasked, did five press-ups to atone for his initial fumble.

Before we left we asked one final question of Chabal. What was it that formed his approach to rugby, that all-out, buccaneering, physical assault that has so transfixed a nation? "Je suis tranquille," he said. Really? "Yes, in my mind. I can't explain why I'm so aggressive out on the pitch. I think it's the start of rugby. It's about winning the metre. It's always been like that with me. That's how I started and I will finish like that. But inside I am calm."

Typical that a conversation with a French icon should end so equivocally but that's where they are at the moment. Everyone expects so much from France over the next few days but no one quite knows where it will come from. Least of all the players. Especially Chabal. And it is making him angry.

www.telegraph.co.uk/ackford
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Sebastien Chabal et la défense de la langue française   Mar 18 Sep 2007 - 0:00

C'est clair que ça nous change des métrosexuels des Dieux du Stade.... Yeah
Snake Plissken
Grande gueule qui pisse pas loin

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Sebastien Chabal et la défense de la langue française   Mar 18 Sep 2007 - 6:33

Berger a écrit:

<embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/6NZ1mSapRbUEFkZbR" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="335" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

question aux forumeurs :

vous voyez un amas de lettres ou une image avec une fleche dessus? scratch

moi je vois ça :

du coup je préfererais ça : http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/6NZ1mSapRbUEFkZbR
Kamo
Marxiste tendance Groucho
Marxiste tendance Groucho

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Sebastien Chabal et la défense de la langue française   Mar 18 Sep 2007 - 13:41

Ca fait plaisir de voir un rugbyman avoir des convictions politiquement incorrectes, c'est pas donné à tout le monde de résister à la dictature de l'anglais.
coucou
Valet apatride du Grand Capital

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Sebastien Chabal et la défense de la langue française   Mar 18 Sep 2007 - 14:00

J'aime bien ce Chabal...
Dante LXXXVI

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Sebastien Chabal et la défense de la langue française   Mar 18 Sep 2007 - 14:23

Wild_Meat a écrit:
Kamo a écrit:
Ca fait plaisir de voir un rugbyman avoir des convictions politiquement incorrectes, c'est pas donné à tout le monde de résister à la dictature de l'anglais.

Il est probablement juste ignorant.

Il joue dans un club anglais.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Sebastien Chabal et la défense de la langue française   

Sebastien Chabal et la défense de la langue française
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1